Author: Subject: SpicyLemons Chat!
jent
Chief Shaman

karma Rating: 15 karma: 15
/ +

Mood: Hanging in there

icon6.gif posted on 10-19-06 at 08:05 AM   «:|:»  Link to post Reply With Quote
SpicyLemons Chat!

Last night thanks to some friends I was able to get a chat room with web interface to work for the site. I was holding off on implementing this because I wanted more members to fill a chat room before I brought it on. But we are increasing at a good rate. And in addition I would love to hold guided discussions on the chat on hot topics. These discussions would be posted on the website later for people who could not join to see. Feel free to recomend any topics and times in the suggestions board.

You can access this chat room via the web interface here:
http://chat.spicylemons.com/ (you may have to accept a java cerficiate)
One cool feature of the webchat is if you are logged into the forums it will actually set your username to be the same username as your name on the forums. Otherwise it will just give you a random anonmous name. You can change your name simply with a text box located in the bottom right corner.

Or if you wish you could use your basic IRC software. This room is hosted on my IRC network which is: acidchat.net....I recommend you connect to spicylemons.acidchat.net for the server as it is the most reliable for US citizens. Once connected just join #bigbudden and your there.

If your feeling extra pro you can connect to the server using SSL....the SSL port is 6697. Also note the certificate is self signed, so you will need to adjust your client settings accordingly.
jent
Chief Shaman

/ +

[*] posted on 10-20-06 at 05:11 PM   «:|:»  Link to post Reply With Quote

I just finished linking to the chat....you can access it from the fourms at the top bar or from the link bar anywhere else on the website.
jent
Chief Shaman

/ +

[*] posted on 2-5-07 at 06:32 PM   «:|:»  Link to post Reply With Quote

The acidchat website and server are down.......Unfortantly it looks like our backups got corrupted by someone who I will not publicly shame.....Currently still working on a transition.....if anyone one with HTML skills would like to help build a new acidchat site the service would be greatly appreciated......
jent
Chief Shaman

/ +

[*] posted on 2-9-07 at 02:18 PM   «:|:»  Link to post Reply With Quote

Services are back online......we should be up 100% now (as far as the chat service is considered). Let me know if you have any problems with anything.....

The acidchat website will still be coming in the future.....
jent
Chief Shaman

/ +

[*] posted on 3-6-07 at 05:43 PM   «:|:»  Link to post Reply With Quote

We had a couple reports of users being unable to connect to the chat room due to illegal characters. The bug has been fixed. When you try to connect it will just strip the characters that can't be used on IRC from your name. Let me know if you have any more problems, but it should work for all users now.
jent
Chief Shaman

/ +

[*] posted on 6-18-07 at 11:25 AM   «:|:»  Link to post Reply With Quote

Some updates on the chat service....we lost another server in canada. I now have spicylemons.acidchat.net pointing to a dedicated on the east coast of the US. And sauced.acidchat.net is what spicylemons used to be in colorado.

As for updates on the website, some individual was nice enough to make us a new website. But I have not had time to put it online. So as soon as I finish these server upgrades (maybe this coming weekend) i will put the website back online.

Other than that just steady as she goes, and I am looking at adding a UK server to the network.
jent
Chief Shaman

/ +

[*] posted on 6-23-07 at 04:37 PM   «:|:»  Link to post Reply With Quote

Not entirely SpicyLemons related....but I got the acidchat website back up. If you wish you can take a look at it here:
http://www.acidchat.net
jent
Chief Shaman

/ +

[*] posted on 1-10-08 at 08:07 PM   «:|:»  Link to post Reply With Quote

You can now access a list of modes relevant to the AcidChat network at this link:
http://www.acidchat.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=16&Itemid=29&limit=1&limitstart=2

cheers,
jent d-_-b

Go To Top