Go To Bottom
Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites  Post new threadPoll:
Author: Subject: Bill Clinton Brings Journalist Home from N Korea
Aero
Editor

karma Rating: 8 / +

[*] posted on 8-4-09 at 11:18 PM   «:|:»  Link to post Reply With Quote
Bill Clinton Brings Journalist Home from N Korea

(CNN) -- The families of two U.S. journalists imprisoned in North Korea asked former President Bill Clinton to travel to the Communist country and seek the release of the two women, a senior administration official said.

Former Vice President Al Gore, whose California-based media outfit Current TV employs Laura Ling and Euna Lee, also made the same appeal to Clinton.

Clinton was dispatched to Pyongyang after the United States determined that his mission would be successful, the official told reporters Tuesday night on condition of anonymity.

He stressed that Clinton's trip was strictly a private humanitarian mission and did not include pressing international issues, including North Korea's nuclear program, on the agenda.

Earlier in the day, North Korea pardoned Ling, 32, and Lee, 36. They climbed a flight of stairs to the door of a jet, where they shook Clinton's hand before beginning their trip back to the United States.

I wish my lawn was Emo, and cut itself
I am listening to: Groundation... its sweet
Aero
Editor

karma Rating: 8 / +

[*] posted on 8-5-09 at 11:15 AM   «:|:»  Link to post Reply With Quote

Here are some pictures of Clinton in N Korea

Ss basically Clinton was asked to go over there and get them back. In a period of 20 hours, Clinton got the two journalists pardoned, and ate dinner with Kim Jong-il, and re opened communication between the US Government and the North Koreans. Clinton accomplished more progress with North Korea in 20 hours then Bush did in 8 years.

I love Bill Clinton. Plus that picture of him sitting next to Kim Jong-il is really funny.

I wish my lawn was Emo, and cut itself
9ofclubs
Posting Whore

karma Rating: 1 / +

Mood: Tall

[*] posted on 8-5-09 at 03:52 PM   «:|:»  Link to post Reply With Quote

So what I would like to know is how he did it.

North Korea is not really fond of the United States.

Clinton is no longer in office or in any recognized powerful position at the current time, even the article said it was a "private humanitarian issue."

That being said his wife is currently the Sec. of State for one of the most powerful countries on the planet, the United States of America. So he may have some chips from that connection. He also was president so he may have some other chips as well.

My question: what could he possibly have said to Kim Jong il to make him pardon two journalists and release them into his custody? Kim Jong is not really know for being reasonable and a nice guy.

I think it is interesting to note that they worked for Al Gore's Current TV.

What are you guy's thoughts on this?

And to be fair Aero, Bush was awfully busy at his ranch, a lot of brush to clear, and there were the two wars he started, for really good reasons mind you.

HA

veQDuj 'oH Dujllj'e'
jent
Chief Shaman

karma Rating: 15 karma: 15
/ +

Mood: Hanging in there

[*] posted on 8-5-09 at 08:13 PM   «:|:»  Link to post Reply With Quote

my thoughts:
clinton is a bad ass speaker and he sweet talked kim till he was acting like a girl with a crush.

But seriously, not being president no longer probably did assist in his anti American sentiment. And I am sure he was happy to not just hear "we wont talk to you till you shape up" was a refreshing change to kim. It's a lot nicer when you ask to come over and not act like your better than them before you even get there. Kim might be a bit on the unrealistic side, but maybe this shows that a little friendly behaviour can still go a long way?

cheers,
jent d-_-b
DanB
Insane Poster

karma Rating: 2 / +

Mood: Dying Idealist

[*] posted on 8-10-09 at 11:24 PM   «:|:»  Link to post Reply With Quote

What a short man. Can you say "Napoleon Complex"?

He also hasn't removed that jump suit for 15 years.
GMoney
Posting Whore

karma Rating: 5 / +

Mood: Dialed

[*] posted on 8-15-09 at 12:18 PM   «:|:»  Link to post Reply With Quote

maybe he was just lonely

You can't mess with this steez.
Post new threadPoll:

Go To Top