SpicyLemons Fourm Uptime: 12 Years, 7 Months, 2 Weeks
Not logged in [Login ]
  Go To Bottom
Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites  Post new threadPoll:
Author: Subject: How to increase customer reliability on my payment system?
Marshall
Fresh N00bie

karma Rating: 0 / +

[*] posted on 12-30-08 at 10:54 PM   «:|:»  Link to post Reply With Quote
How to increase customer reliability on my payment system?

Hi,
I am running a well reputed ecommerce website. I have so many customers who visit on my website but they donít rely on my online payment system
I donít know why please give me suggestions.
jent
Chief Shaman

karma Rating: 15 karma: 15
/ +

Mood: Hanging in there

[*] posted on 12-31-08 at 09:36 AM   «:|:»  Link to post Reply With Quote

Well some more details might be able to let people give you better information.

For example how are they avoiding your system, calling in? Not making orders at all?

If they are avoiding using your system then your UI is probably a bit too complex for people to understand. I recommend a book called "Don't Make Me Think". It talks about web design and how users use the internet. In it he describes how users don't read instructions, they just flow with there eyes looking for key words so they can click through as fast as they can. Maybe your design requires too much thought or reading to understand. Maybe you can replace some words with very commonly used words so that the users eye quickly picks up on those. It really should be easy enough a child can do it.

Other things to consider is browser/system/bandwidth compatibility....maybe your users are not using your shopping system because it is not tested properly enough across the variable systems.

cheers,
jent d-_-b
Greene
Fresh N00bie

karma Rating: 0 / +

[*] posted on 12-31-08 at 08:38 PM   «:|:»  Link to post Reply With Quote
Re: How to increase customer reliability on my payment system?

Hello,
Is your online payment system registered with SSL? Actually what happens at online payment system customers enters their credit or visa card
numbers during payment. How can they rely on you that you will not misuse this data? So, it is strongly recommend you should register your payment
system with SSL and show this security device on payment page. [end removed by moderator for advertising]
Post new threadPoll:

Go To Top