Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites  Post new threadPoll:
Author: Subject: Audi R8 GT3
Aero
Editor

karma Rating: 8 / +

[*] posted on 11-18-08 at 03:12 PM   «:|:»  Link to post Reply With Quote
Audi R8 GT3

Amazingly Hot Audi R8 GT3 spy shots from The Ring

Spy photographers have caught this racing version of Audi's R8 supercar, which itself is named after the very successful diesel-powered R8 LeMans racer, circling the famed Nurburgring in Germany.it looks all business with a Boeing-sized rear wing out back and asphalt-scraping carbon fiber splitter up front. Other mods made for racing include the large vent in the "hood" behind the grille, larger air scoops in the blades behind the doors, a plexiglass rear window and significantly wider track both front and rear. Our sources tell us that the suspension is supposedly entirely stock and the quattro all-wheel-drive system has been ditched in favor of rear-wheel-drive to meet current FIA GT3 regulations. As for the engine, the 4.2L V8 has supposedly been tweaked to produce 500 horsepower (up from 420). For all its wings, vents and fender flares, this R8 GT3 prototype reportedly only managed to lap the 'Ring in 8:41.00 due to slippery-when-wet conditions. Pay attention folks, as this is the turn-key racing R8 that Audi will soon unleash on teams who wish to crash the GT3 class in style.

I wish my lawn was Emo, and cut itself
spank

karma Rating: 16 karma: 16
/ +

Mood: absorbent

[*] posted on 11-18-08 at 03:40 PM   «:|:»  Link to post Reply With Quote

Old news... it was a big let down in the audi community when they announced this. Instead of delivering the v12 FSTDI R8 or "RS8" like they had originally talked about they decided to release this worthless piece of shit! Why would anyone want an audi that isn't AWD!?!? I understand that it had to be RWD to compete in the GT3 class but WTF! If people wanted a super high powered RWD monster they wouldn't be looking at an audi... corvette, porsche,aston martin, masarati. The car does look wicked but most of the appeal for me when it comes to cars is knowing what all is under the hood and between the wheels, i.e. powertrain and drivetrain! Also as you mentioned Ethan the car cant even do all that well on the track because it is only putting power to two wheels! I would bet that a convetional R8 would take that car on the track when conditions are as they were pictured above! I have seen corvettes do burnouts on the highway and thats cool and all but nothing beats seeing a B5 S4 do power slides w/ all four wheels broken loose around a track, NOTHING!

LTTank
Forum Slut

karma Rating: 4 / +

Mood: Tired, almost always tired...

[*] posted on 11-19-08 at 12:37 AM   «:|:»  Link to post Reply With Quote

That is a fine looking car, but what I personally know about cars is you get them repaired every now and then, tune ups, put gas in, turn the key, put it in gear and go!
I couldn't even tell the difference between makes and models!

(Ok, a model walks a catwalk, but that's about all I know!)

:shcool:

"What? No more cake and ice cream left? To hell with this, I'm outa here!"
http://aldentevontino.webs.com/photos/Shhhh/liferules2.jpg
Post new threadPoll:

Go To Top