Author: Subject: Charlie Gibson interviews Gov. Palin
mig
Forum Slut

karma Rating: 12 karma: 12
/ +

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 9-12-08 at 08:09 AM   «:|:»  Link to post Reply With Quote
Charlie Gibson interviews Gov. Palin

For those interested, I found this on Slate: The Interview (sorry, couldn't find the embed code); it's about 12 minutes, but a worthy use of time for those interested in voting and hearing both viable sides of the presidential ticket. (i.e., I think most of the SpicyLemons users are better informed of the democratic candidate's policy.)

In the interview, Gibson "demonstrat[es] that he knows volumes more about national security and foreign policy than does Republican vice-presidential candidate Sarah Palin." (Jack Shafer, slate.com)

Life should be more like the commercials for top-shelf spirits.
jent
Chief Shaman

karma Rating: 15 karma: 15
/ +

Mood: Hanging in there

[*] posted on 9-12-08 at 09:37 AM   «:|:»  Link to post Reply With Quote

was a good interview....the best one on one with her i have seen by far.

Thanks for sharing

cheers,
jent d-_-b
spank

karma Rating: 16 karma: 16
/ +

Mood: absorbent

[*] posted on 9-12-08 at 03:43 PM   «:|:»  Link to post Reply With Quote

Perhaps it was my internet connection but I couldn't tell if the interview had been edited in some places or Palin really is that incoherent in her speech patterns. Like most politicians w/out substance she never gave a straight answer but most of her answers didn't even have to do with the question that was asked. I personally don't think that McCain is the better choice for president but without a doubt I dont think that Sarah Palin has the capacity to lead our country. She sounds like a female G.W., never pausing for introspection or thought. She is just another fly by the seat of her pants evangelical, the only difference is that she is fun to look at and G.W. just looks retarded.

Good post Mig

mig
Forum Slut

/ +

[*] posted on 9-13-08 at 07:13 AM   «:|:»  Link to post Reply With Quote

Quote:
Originally posted by spank
Perhaps it was my internet connection but I couldn't tell if the interview had been edited in some places or Palin really is that incoherent in her speech patterns.

I think it was certainly edited. I wonder if ABC would be interested in making Gov. Palin sound better or worse. Although, it's difficult to make anyone running for national public office sound good who, clearly, was not familiar with President Bush's policy for preemptive attacks on foreign soil.

The following is a link to an article about a follow up interview, during which, as it unfortunately sounds, Gibson failed to drive the point home.

spank

/ +

[*] posted on 9-13-08 at 07:18 PM   «:|:»  Link to post Reply With Quote

I find this kind of follow up hilarious! I was wondering if Gibson was going to have to issue an official apology after the last interview as it seems that anyone who actually questions Palin on legitimate issues is immediately forced to retract their statements. Instead of issuing an apology he decided to just water down the second half of his interview. Looks like its another presidential election w/out discussion of real issues and the GOP dictating all the rules while at the same time not having to follow them. Pointing out the shortcomings of Palin is off limits but when it comes to calling Obama a Muslim anyone can go right ahead! When it became clear that McCain was the GOP candidate and Obama the Dem's candidate I really did think that the country couldn't really loose either way. Now I see that McCain has nothing real to offer but more lies and deception, just like G.W. I cant fucking wait for this sham of an election season to be over already! If McCain/Palin get appointed to power then the entire country gets what it deserves.

mig
Forum Slut

/ +

[*] posted on 9-14-08 at 12:59 PM   «:|:»  Link to post Reply With Quote

Quote:
Originally posted by spank
I find this kind of follow up hilarious! I was wondering if Gibson was going to have to issue an official apology after the last interview as it seems that anyone who actually questions Palin on legitimate issues is immediately forced to retract their statements.

Is the Gibson interview not the first time such a thing has (not necessarily literally) has happened?

danga
Forum Slut

karma Rating: 5 / +

Mood: Wanna find out?

[*] posted on 9-14-08 at 02:20 PM   «:|:»  Link to post Reply With Quote

Governor palin is a moron, the only intellectual thing about her is the fact she looks like the hot librarian.
With that said i am really impressed with the republicans, when they first picked her i though mccain was senile, but it is becoming more and more evident that she WILL win him the election.
1st: she helps secure the conservative platform that mccain struggles with, expecially with 3rd party nominees like barr and paul
2nd: she helps give a home to all those disgruntled hilary supporters who realized obama is awful (im one!)
3rd: every attack they run about how palin's experiences as a mom dont prepare her the white house gets a few more woman, which is were mccain struggles (http://www.gallup.com/poll/108022/Candidate-Support-Gender.aspx)
4th: her appearance counteracts the stereotypical image of conservatives as old wrinkly raisins. Which is huge in todays elections b/c they are popularity contest.

Whether you like her or not (i dont) she was a brilliant pick by the smartest party sense the federalist

Romans 12:10
mig
Forum Slut

/ +

[*] posted on 9-14-08 at 02:36 PM   «:|:»  Link to post Reply With Quote

I am surprised that someone with your... convictions... would prescribe their opinions to the Gallup Poll. Also, if what you say is true, Gov. Palin is most certainly not a moron.

Furthermore, any disgruntled Hillary supporters who've turned Gov. Palin (and McCain) for a "home" are either very confused, sexist, or really shouldn't have been supporting Hillary in the first place. The idea that anyone (especially women) would turn to the McCain/Palin ticket because Hillary lost and Palin is also a woman is very sexist indeed (though I don't think this is what you meant, danga). Unfortunately, I'm sure this motivated McCain's decision.

spank

/ +

[*] posted on 9-14-08 at 02:37 PM   «:|:»  Link to post Reply With Quote

Quote:
Originally posted by mig
Is the Gibson interview not the first time such a thing has (not necessarily literally) has happened?

I didn't mean questioning Palin directly but rather her credentials/history in general. I have watched several interviews w/ "experts"/reporters/pundits where they mentioned almost exactly what danga has mentioned i.e. motherhood not being a credential and then having to apologize the following day.

mig
Forum Slut

/ +

[*] posted on 9-14-08 at 02:41 PM   «:|:»  Link to post Reply With Quote

I see. There was also Obama's reference to "putting lipstick on a pig" being a cheap-shot at Palin's equating a hockey mom to a pit bull wearing lipstick.

spank

/ +

[*] posted on 9-14-08 at 03:01 PM   «:|:»  Link to post Reply With Quote

Quote:
Originally posted by mig
Furthermore, any disgruntled Hillary supporters who've turned Gov. Palin (and McCain) for a "home" are either very confused, sexist, or really shouldn't have been supporting Hillary in the first place. The idea that anyone (especially women) would turn to the McCain/Palin ticket because Hillary lost and Palin is also a woman is very sexist indeed (though I don't think this is what you meant, danga). Unfortunately, I'm sure this motivated McCain's decision.

Mig, I dont think this could have been more eloquently put. The psychology behind it is certainly brilliant though. Almost as brilliant as making up a thing like the war on terror while using it as a divisive issue, then asserting that the Democrats are somehow unable to win it.

Quote:

Whether you like her or not (i dont) she was a brilliant pick by the smartest party sense the federalist

Danga I have to agree w/ you one hundred percent on this one! Utilizing underhanded psychology, tragic events and lying, the GOP has been able to manipulate their way into unbridled amounts of power and money. Too bad that so many people have been so weak minded as to fall prey to them don't you think?

mig
Forum Slut

/ +

[*] posted on 9-14-08 at 03:12 PM   «:|:»  Link to post Reply With Quote

Thanks, spank. How about some karma? That's the only reason I do any of this.

danga
Forum Slut

[*] posted on 9-14-08 at 04:11 PM   «:|:»  Link to post Reply With Quote

Quote:
Originally posted by mig
I am surprised that someone with your... convictions... would prescribe their opinions to the Gallup Poll. Also, if what you say is true, Gov. Palin is most certainly not a moron.

First of all, what do you mean my "convictions" i view myself as unbiased independent (actually an modern federalist, but that isnt either party). So far this election i have watched both the RNC and the DNC, went to the DNC, and seen Nadar and McKinney's VP speak. I get most of my information from ontheissues.org and the only biased conservative source i use is the economist, which i say is the best magazine in the US

Second of all Hilary lost the primaries because of sexism, obama pulled the race card to get him out of the Rev. Wright situation and as soon as hilary tried to pull the sex card the media calls her a bitch. She won florida and michigan they werent counted, that would have won her the nomination.

You elect someone who is gonna represent you, and "birds of a feather flock together."

jent
Chief Shaman

karma Rating: 15 karma: 15
/ +

Mood: Hanging in there

[*] posted on 9-14-08 at 05:49 PM   «:|:»  Link to post Reply With Quote

Quote:
Originally posted by danga
Second of all Hilary lost the primaries because of sexism, obama pulled the race card to get him out of the Rev. Wright situation and as soon as hilary tried to pull the sex card the media calls her a bitch. She won florida and michigan they werent counted, that would have won her the nomination.

Debatable....and i would argue this view is biased

also anyone who considers themselves "unbiased"....is just kidding themselves. Everyone is biased to there own views, morals, and experiences.

cheers,
jent d-_-b
mig
Forum Slut

/ +

[*] posted on 9-14-08 at 07:14 PM   «:|:»  Link to post Reply With Quote

Quote:
Originally posted by jent
Quote:
Originally posted by danga

Debatable....and i would argue this view is biased

also anyone who considers themselves "unbiased"....is just kidding themselves. Everyone is biased to there own views, morals, and experiences.

QFT.

When I mentioned your convictions, danga, (and you've made it clear that you have serious convictions; Hillary "losing the primary because of sexism" being a flagrant one), I was actually referring to the fact you seem to be very well informed... and drawing conclusions by correlation, especially statistical analysis and especially the Gallup Poll, did not make sense to me.

danga
Forum Slut

[*] posted on 9-14-08 at 08:56 PM   «:|:»  Link to post Reply With Quote

i didnt draw conclusions from the gallup poll, i just stated that mccain wasnt doing great with women.

Post new threadPoll:

Go To Top