Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites  Post new threadPoll:
Author: Subject: Protest in Denver
9ofclubs
Posting Whore

karma Rating: 1 / +

Mood: Tall

[*] posted on 8-28-08 at 05:21 PM   «:|:»  Link to post Reply With Quote
Protest in Denver

I love how no one thinks that we live in FASCIST FUCKING COUNTRY. thirty seconds of your time.

That was an unarmed WOMAN, doing nothing but using her RIGHT to free speech and peaceful assembly.

There will come a day where one by one people you knew will disappear until there is no one you know left.

"Control or be Controlled, only WE can set us free"
think about it
CollegeBoy
Insane Poster

karma Rating: 8 / +

Mood: Cool, Calm and Collected

[*] posted on 8-29-08 at 09:20 AM   «:|:»  Link to post Reply With Quote

you're an idiot

I am what I am and what I am is who I am.
jent
Chief Shaman

karma Rating: 15 karma: 15
/ +

Mood: Hanging in there

[*] posted on 8-29-08 at 10:02 AM   «:|:»  Link to post Reply With Quote

Quote:
Originally posted by CollegeBoy
you're an idiot

No flaming :-(

constructive criticism only

With that said, I will watch the video after work today

cheers,
jent d-_-b
spank

karma Rating: 16 karma: 16
/ +

Mood: absorbent

[*] posted on 8-31-08 at 06:22 AM   «:|:»  Link to post Reply With Quote

Its nothing new Kevin. Thats some fucked up shit do doubt but it isn't the first or last time that something like that will happen in the U.S. Atleast that woman has access to the event on tape. She will have a pretty clear cut law suite if she decides to press charges.

mig
Forum Slut

karma Rating: 12 karma: 12
/ +

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 8-31-08 at 08:26 PM   «:|:»  Link to post Reply With Quote

Quote:
Originally posted by 9ofclubs
That was an unarmed WOMAN, doing nothing but using her RIGHT to free speech and peaceful assembly.

There will come a day where one by one people you knew will disappear until there is no one you know left.

Yeah, he got her good. Bam! Besides, they said "move away from the vehicle." She was getting closer. Bam!

But seriously, one person (or many) getting a shiner from a cop doesn't make a country fascist. Saying so is, frankly, ridiculous and insulting in many ways.

Furthermore, I don't think this woman (or anyone, really) "disappeared." Real life in America today is not like V for Vendetta, nor is it even close. In actuality, after this woman was taken into custody she was given her right to due process. She was (or will, who cares?) defended by an Attorney as fast as today's bureaucracy would allow. I would be surprised if she even spend a night in jail.

And, I'm curious, Kevin: Were you there? Did you go to the DNC? Or will you be joining Ron Paul in the Twin Cities?

Life should be more like the commercials for top-shelf spirits.
CollegeBoy
Insane Poster

karma Rating: 8 / +

Mood: Cool, Calm and Collected

[*] posted on 8-31-08 at 11:11 PM   «:|:»  Link to post Reply With Quote

I apologize for my previous comment

Fascism = (Websters) a political philosophy, movement, or regime (as that of the Fascisti) that exalts nation and often race above the individual and that stands for a centralized AUTOCRATIC government headed by a dictatorial leader, severe economic and social regimentation, and forcible suppression of opposition

As we all know (all except 9) we have three arms of government. The Legislative branch to make the law, the Judicial branch to interpret the law and the Executive branch to enforce the law. From my understanding of fascism this is not it.

We might be in a bad way right now but PLEASE don't throw words like FASCISM around like they're nothing. I don't disagree with the fact that that women getting beat down was wrong, but do we really have it that bad? I like OUR schooling, I like OUR roads, I like OUR parks, I like OUR stores, I like OUR bike paths, I like OUR softball fields, I like OUR protection...the list never ends. If you really feel like you've got it that bad then PLEASE run for some kind of public office (it's really not that hard) and MAKE a change.

I am what I am and what I am is who I am.
mig
Forum Slut

karma Rating: 12 karma: 12
/ +

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 9-1-08 at 10:01 AM   «:|:»  Link to post Reply With Quote

Interestingly, Fascism is a tough concept to grapple with. Historians sometimes try to explain classical examples of Fascism (Italy, Germany during/before WWII) as something not so... unique, e.g. typical 20th century authoritarianism. For those interested, see A History of Fascism, 1914-1945 by Payne (although, this is only for those who are truly interested and motivated; it's an extremely tough read).

I don't mean to shoot down the dictionary definition; this is really just another reason I, too, don't like it when people throw around the "F" word. Usually, when people say "you're being a fascist" or the like, they mean "you're being a totalitarian."

Life should be more like the commercials for top-shelf spirits.
Post new threadPoll:

Go To Top