Author: Subject: hiding behind words
danga
Forum Slut

karma Rating: 5 / +

Mood: Wanna find out?

[*] posted on 7-8-08 at 05:15 PM   «:|:»  Link to post Reply With Quote
hiding behind words

here is an obama speach
“The cost of our debt is one of the fastest growing expenses in the federal budget. This rising debt is a hidden domestic enemy, robbing our cities and states of critical investments in infrastructure like bridges, ports, and levees; robbing our families and our children of critical investments in education and health care reform; robbing our seniors of the retirement and health security they have counted on. . . . If Washington were serious about honest tax relief in this country, we'd see an effort to reduce our national debt by returning to responsible fiscal policies.”
now according to http://www.ontheissues.org/2008/Barack_Obama_Budget_+_Economy.htm a web site that supports him
"Q: Would it be a priority of your administration to balance the federal budget every year?

A: Over the last seven years, what we've seen is an economy that's out of balance because of the policies of George Bush and the Republicans in Congress. Not only do we have fiscal problems, but we've got growing inequality. People are working harder for less and they're seeing costs go up. So what I want to do is get the long-term fundamentals right. That means that we are investing in education & infrastructure, structuring fair trade deals, and also ending the war in Iraq. That is money that can be applied at home for critical issues.

Q: So a priority to balance the federal budget, or not?

A: We are not going to be able to dig ourselves out of that hole in 1 or 2 years. But if we can get on a path of sustained growth, end the war in Iraq, end some of the special interest loopholes and earmarks that have been clogging up the system, then I think we can return to a path of a balanced budget. "
Yet again he tries to hide his crappy hypocritical policies behind his words
may i remind you he plans on spending $940 billion on new plans
http://leevo.blogspot.com/2008/02/obamas-outrageous-spending-budget.html

Romans 12:10
jent
Chief Shaman

karma Rating: 15 karma: 15
/ +

Mood: Hanging in there

[*] posted on 7-8-08 at 06:11 PM   «:|:»  Link to post Reply With Quote

honestly i think he is just telling it like it is....if all you do is cut back and do nothing about the problem then you will only be able to survive, not grow.

As far as 940 billion, i am sure that McShit would charge us at least that in staying in iraq for a longer term. So why not cut our losses and fix what is wrong instead of closing our ears and just staying the course? Clearly what we are doing is not sustainable.

p.s. if we want to get politicians hiding behind words this could go on forever....no one in politics is innocent of this, not Caine, not Ron Paul, not Clinton, no one.....

cheers,
jent d-_-b
danga
Forum Slut

[*] posted on 7-9-08 at 08:23 AM   «:|:»  Link to post Reply With Quote

our current cost of iraq is about 120 billion a year, and with both politicians now listening to general petraus why is this such a big issue

9ofclubs
Posting Whore

karma Rating: 1 / +

Mood: Tall

[*] posted on 7-9-08 at 09:51 AM   «:|:»  Link to post Reply With Quote

i dont think we fully appreciate the amount of money that the current president, George W. Bush, has spent. As seen here: ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:US_Debt_Trend.svg ) the debt jump from around 6 Trillion dollars to the current debt which can be found http://www.brillig.com/debt_clock/, which at the time of this writing it is approximately 9.4 Trillion and counting. The war is large part of it, however you must examine the Federal Reserve System to truly understand why we will never get out of debt, unless we change who owns the federal reserve or dismantle it into the Treasury Department.

It seems that Obama says a lot, without saying anything. He only makes references to the events that the common man will understand, Katrina and Iraq, which are what light weight wishy washy politicians do when they are not really working for you but against you. He is not going to change much, or else would he Just vote Yes on giving the Telecomm companies Retro active immunity, he will do somethings different, like Iraq war, but the overall plan does not change. The CIA will still operate outside the law doing all sorts of disturbing things around the world. The NSA will still spy on Americans. The party that is not the majority will always blame the current or past administrations for the current failings, like Bush when he said that he is tough on Terrorism yet the biggest terrorist attack on the country ever happened under his watch, just to get back into office to continue the cycle. The system is working, but only for a certain few.

Obama is McCain who is Clinton Who is Kerry who is Rockafeller who is Bush, the names dont matter when the agenda stays the same over 40 years. Carter put out the Global 2000 Agenda. The way you will know if Obama has a soul is when he gets shot at for doing the right thing when he is president, hopefully he will fair better than JFK,his son, and RFK.

veQDuj 'oH Dujllj'e'
jent
Chief Shaman

/ +

[*] posted on 7-9-08 at 05:24 PM   «:|:»  Link to post Reply With Quote

too much change can cause damage, some things need to be done gradually....and yes I don't think anyone thinks that as soon as obama is in office that the world will do a 180 and be this utopia....or if you do think that, then i can safely say your an idiot

But i still think obama is going to offer _more_ positive change than mc cain.

cheers,
jent d-_-b
danga
Forum Slut

[*] posted on 7-9-08 at 11:47 PM   «:|:»  Link to post Reply With Quote

do you really think obama will offer a positve after, FISA, his iraq flip flopping (not opened mindedness), again his desire to end free trade, and of course wanting every american child to be required to speak spanish. I do not love McCain, right now i like Bob Barr more, (and if a miracle happens) will hopefully vote for hilary, i might like the green party candidate more too, but i first have to wait till they decide who he is. Its a pretty crappy election.

jent
Chief Shaman

/ +

[*] posted on 7-10-08 at 09:25 PM   «:|:»  Link to post Reply With Quote

Quote:
Originally posted by danga
(and if a miracle happens) will hopefully vote for hilary

keep dreaming buddy.....and thank god it's only a dream

cheers,
jent d-_-b
danga
Forum Slut

[*] posted on 7-10-08 at 11:56 PM   «:|:»  Link to post Reply With Quote

Quote:
Originally posted by jent
Quote:
Originally posted by danga
(and if a miracle happens) will hopefully vote for hilary

keep dreaming buddy.....and thank god it's only a dream

The super delegates are not officially pledged until the DNC, and how can you like obama over hilary, first of all bill led america to its greatest time of economic prosperity, and even a marriage like theirs causes them share opinions, Hilary may not be as charismatic as obama, but she has better policies, and has ten times the experience, but most importantly she isnt a leftist extremist who wants to require me to speak spanish. I want you to say what issue were you think obama is the better candidate and we will compare, issue by issue

9ofclubs
Posting Whore

[*] posted on 7-11-08 at 11:28 AM   «:|:»  Link to post Reply With Quote

If you think bill clinton had anything to do with the economic growth of the 90's, then i think you are greatly over stating the president's importance in the economy. The Federal Reserve, which the president is not in control of in any way shape or form and Congress is told what they are doing not the over way around by the Fed, is the thing that can create growth and prosperity or downturns and disasters. Im not saying that the current recession is due to the Fed causing, in fact i think they are shitting themselves as seen with the interest rate hikes like four in several months, but i merely wanted to point out that Bill Clinton had NOTHING, NAFTA has been good for corporate america and not really the country look what happened to Michigan and all the outsourcing with other jobs not related to NAFTA because capitalism does that and will always seek to make money and look for ways to cut costs.
Second point, i can find the exact article if you like, but in the Economist not too long ago they ran a piece talking about the people that Obama is surrounding himself with and who is bringing into his White House. It is basically a laundry list of the people that were in the Clinton White House. You will get the same thing out of either Clinton or Obama, they are run by the same masters they are just different managment styles, and not even that different he just does it better.

What leftist extremist do you know that wants you to speak Spanish?

A little Joke from the international Realm:
What do you call a person speaks three languages?
Trilingual
What do you call someone that speaks two languages?
Bilingual
What do you call someone that speaks one language?
American.

learning another language only expands your way of thinking because it is a different way to view the world. Why not learn spanish, then there is only that many more people you can interact with.

veQDuj 'oH Dujllj'e'
spank

karma Rating: 16 karma: 16
/ +

Mood: absorbent

[*] posted on 7-11-08 at 06:25 PM   «:|:»  Link to post Reply With Quote

Quote:
Originally posted by 9ofclubs
If you think bill clinton had anything to do with the economic growth of the 90's, then i think you are greatly over stating the president's importance in the economy. The Federal Reserve, which the president is not in control of in any way shape or form and Congress is told what they are doing not the over way around by the Fed, is the thing that can create growth and prosperity or downturns and disasters. Im not saying that the current recession is due to the Fed causing, in fact i think they are shitting themselves as seen with the interest rate hikes like four in several months, but i merely wanted to point out that Bill Clinton had NOTHING, NAFTA has been good for corporate america and not really the country look what happened to Michigan and all the outsourcing with other jobs not related to NAFTA because capitalism does that and will always seek to make money and look for ways to cut costs.
Second point, i can find the exact article if you like, but in the Economist not too long ago they ran a piece talking about the people that Obama is surrounding himself with and who is bringing into his White House. It is basically a laundry list of the people that were in the Clinton White House. You will get the same thing out of either Clinton or Obama, they are run by the same masters they are just different managment styles, and not even that different he just does it better.

You make some really good points Kevin, but I was under the impression that when the Chairman of the Fed Reserve needs to be replaced the sitting president was in charge of nominating someone, like the supreme court? I could be wrong though.

I love how everyone continues to talk about who they're gonna vote for, as if it mattered. The system that is in place creates the convenient illusion of every person's vote haveing some kind of importance while at the same time making sure that only a select few actually getting to decide. The Electoral College is the engine the drives the machine of power in this country. We can all sit and squabble about who said this or who will do that but in all reality the best we can hope for is that the person we favour will be the cog put into place.

jent
Chief Shaman

/ +

[*] posted on 7-11-08 at 06:55 PM   «:|:»  Link to post Reply With Quote

Quote:
Originally posted by spankI love how everyone continues to talk about who they're gonna vote for, as if it mattered. The system that is in place creates the convenient illusion of every person's vote haveing some kind of importance while at the same time making sure that only a select few actually getting to decide. The Electoral College is the engine the drives the machine of power in this country. We can all sit and squabble about who said this or who will do that but in all reality the best we can hope for is that the person we favour will be the cog put into place.

Voting is still better than doing nothing but talk about it.....even if there is some futility in it, at least it is something active, lots better than apathy

cheers,
jent d-_-b
spank

karma Rating: 16 karma: 16
/ +

Mood: absorbent

[*] posted on 7-12-08 at 06:15 AM   «:|:»  Link to post Reply With Quote

Im not saying that we all shouldn't vote, but the only real power that gives us later on is the ability to then stand up and say that the person in charge wasn't put there by our choice. Take the Bush/Gore election in 2000; even when a large portion of people said that they had voted for Gore and the ballots said so and the end tally said so, the electoral votes were given to Bush. I am going to cast my fake vote for president this year, but I will spend far more time deciding who I will be selecting for the house and senate, local judges, and the dozens of other municipal posts that have a far more direct impact on me and mine... not to even mention that fact that me voting for them actually gets tallied in the end.

danga
Forum Slut

[*] posted on 7-18-08 at 09:06 AM   «:|:»  Link to post Reply With Quote

Quote:
Originally posted by spank
Im not saying that we all shouldn't vote, but the only real power that gives us later on is the ability to then stand up and say that the person in charge wasn't put there by our choice. Take the Bush/Gore election in 2000; even when a large portion of people said that they had voted for Gore and the ballots said so and the end tally said so, the electoral votes were given to Bush. I am going to cast my fake vote for president this year, but I will spend far more time deciding who I will be selecting for the house and senate, local judges, and the dozens of other municipal posts that have a far more direct impact on me and mine... not to even mention that fact that me voting for them actually gets tallied in the end.

I cannot agree with you more, the white house has become a symbol of power for the US, but we must remember the president cant do anything without congresses approval, also Bush/Gore election could have been won by Gore if he recounted the entire state, instead of select districts. The positive that must be seen from that mildly corrupt election is the media pressure, even though the powerful are becoming more powerful, this showed that the truth will be heard.

9ofclubs
Posting Whore

[*] posted on 7-18-08 at 06:28 PM   «:|:»  Link to post Reply With Quote

Very good point spenc, and you are right. THe President is the one who replaces the, or at least nominates the Chairman of the Fed, when the 14 year term, i think it is 14 years anyhow, is up. But when Bush replaced Greenspan he said that "we are looking over the list of candidates" i wanted to know who came up with this list of people. PErsonally i think he is given a list of people that are "ok" ny the bankers standards.

Danga, to say that 2000 was mildly corrupt is a drastic understatement, but i think Spencer has someawesome points. Presidential vote probably wont get counted anyhow, so focus on local elections. Change colorado and you might change the States if not the world. At the very least CO will be a better place for you and yours.

veQDuj 'oH Dujllj'e'
danga
Forum Slut

[*] posted on 7-19-08 at 05:27 PM   «:|:»  Link to post Reply With Quote

2000 was mildly corrupt, let me remind you that al gore is a lawyer and he acts like one. The law in Florida said that if Fl was to get a recount the entire state had to be recounted not just certain districts, Gore instead tried to get very democratic districts to recount. He stalled till it was too late to recount the entire state. I didnt like bush then, i supported gore, but they are both morons.

Post new threadPoll:

Go To Top