Author: Subject: The Real McCain
jent
Chief Shaman

karma Rating: 15 karma: 15
/ +

Mood: Hanging in there

[*] posted on 6-22-08 at 09:21 PM   «:|:»  Link to post Reply With Quote
The Real McCain

There is a project going on that aims to increase some of the less seen exposure for McCain to google. It does this by increasing the page rank to control what people see when they search google. I thought I would help a bit:

cheers,
jent d-_-b
danga
Forum Slut

karma Rating: 5 / +

Mood: Wanna find out?

[*] posted on 7-3-08 at 10:42 PM   «:|:»  Link to post Reply With Quote

first: a minimum wage hike isnt beneficial to the us as it will just expedite outsourcing for cheaper labor
second: a lobbyist is just someone who goes to WDC to voice their opinions, the boy scouts have lobbyist
third: social security is screwed no matter what
fourth: isolationism is retarded, it didnt work for the ussr, or japan, or any other nation. grow up and compete for your job
fifth: i am anti-war, but we are stuck, if we pull out now it will be a nation gripped in civil war, run by the mob, and might even be taken by iran. (i do believe that we should put more pressure on iraqi gov though)
sixth: we became the most powerful nation in the world by being capitalist, if we want to compete we must continue
seventh: it said he offered a different bill, i dont know details but i know he supports the GI Bill
eighth: just like with gay marriage (from the same article) "Conservatives question McCain's opposition to a constitutional amendment to ban gay marriage. He opposes same-sex marriage, but says it should be regulated by the states."
finally: again hindsight is 20/20, most the democrats voted for the war, but now if we get out we will be screwed, we cant let them have a civil war, they are always violent, and i challenge you to name one civil war that didnt kill millions (or if older, a #as significant as millions is now)
danga
Forum Slut

[*] posted on 7-3-08 at 11:51 PM   «:|:»  Link to post Reply With Quote

forgot to add about war, here is a quote by mccain that i believe summarizes his war stance "I know Americans are tired of this war. I don't oppose a reckless withdrawal from Iraq because I'm indifferent to the suffering war inflicts on too many American families. I hate war. And I know very personally how terrible its costs are. But I know, too, that the course Senator Obama advocates could draw us into a wider war with even greater sacrifices; put peace further out of reach, and Americans back in harm's way. "

Romans 12:10
Aero
Editor

karma Rating: 8 / +

[*] posted on 7-4-08 at 08:49 AM   «:|:»  Link to post Reply With Quote

John McCain has also said "When we get out of Iraq isn't too important" He has also said we might be there for 50 to 100 years.

There is way less violence in Iraq now then there was a couple of years ago. There is no doubt that we have beaten that entire country to the ground. We have destroyed almost everything. Yes, the Iraqi Govenment hasn't done shit to get on their feet, but thats not our job. We don't need to be spending Billions of dollars and killing thousands and thousands of people anymore. George Bush announced "Mission Accomplished" May 1, 2003. That was 5 fucking years ago, and 5 Billion dollars ago!

The Iraqi Government hasn't done shit, because we are still there running the show. We need to pull a large amount of troops out of Iraq. Not all of them of course, but we need to start backing out and forcing the Iraqis to step up to their own plate.

John McCain is obsessed with war, and always has been. His Grandfather was in the military, his dad was in the military and he was too. That does not qualify him to be the Commander in Chief.

I wish my lawn was Emo, and cut itself
danga
Forum Slut

[*] posted on 7-4-08 at 09:36 PM   «:|:»  Link to post Reply With Quote

first of all i would just like to say that since 2006 democrats have controlled congress, and boy did they fix our situation in Eraq, nothing. The reason violence is down is because the surge has been very effective. The Iraqis have slowly been taking control (a little bit too slowly) and we should be able to pull out soon. The reason McCain said he would stay a hundred years is because we have to act strong. Also you brought killing thousands, you know if we leave all hell will break loose. It sucks, im antiwar but i know we cant pull out.

spank

karma Rating: 16 karma: 16
/ +

Mood: absorbent

[*] posted on 7-5-08 at 05:56 AM   «:|:»  Link to post Reply With Quote

THE SURGE DID NOT WORK! The reason that there has been a decrease in attacks is because we started paying local groups to be on our side while at the same time iraqies' realized that if they dont help us they are helping foreigners to destroy their own country. The increase in troops has done nothing, and has been a HUGE media ploy because that was what Bush wanted to have happen. The local military leaders came up w/ the idea of working w/ local "tribal" leaders (aka giving them cash) just before the surge and the success of the one helped to mask the lack of need for the other.

danga
Forum Slut

[*] posted on 7-5-08 at 11:06 AM   «:|:»  Link to post Reply With Quote

i want to see some evidence of that because there are countless articles from credible sources on how the surge is working.

spank

karma Rating: 16 karma: 16
/ +

Mood: absorbent

[*] posted on 7-6-08 at 06:45 AM   «:|:»  Link to post Reply With Quote

Im sure you dont watch it, but 60mins had an extra long segment following the female officer who is in charge of the program. She was later removed from that position just before the surge was given credit for the turn around. Out of curiosity, have you even heard about this before? Im sure those same "credible sources" have never done any sort of coverage on the payouts and their success.

P.S. You should go for a bit more consistancy in your arguments, in one thread you say Democrats have been in control of congress since 2002 and in this thread you say 2006... Im not certain about it either but I would have said 2004. For some reason I remember that being the consolation prize for Bush's re-election, but as is the case w/ most liberals Im quite capable of being wrong (and even admitting it later)

danga
Forum Slut

[*] posted on 7-6-08 at 06:03 PM   «:|:»  Link to post Reply With Quote

sry, i was thinking senate when i said 2002 because of this "In June 2001, Republican Senator James Jeffords quit the Republican Party, swinging control of the Senate back to the Democrats and re-creating a divided government." from http://usinfo.state.gov/products/pubs/election04/congress.htm but when i said 2006 i was correct, http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2006/, you can check if you want.
The effectiveness of the surge is in debate, The New York Times said "For now, things look much better than before. American advisers told us that many of the corrupt and sectarian Iraqi commanders who once infested the force have been removed. The American high command assesses that more than three-quarters of the Iraqi Army battalion commanders in Baghdad are now reliable partners (at least for as long as American forces remain in Iraq)." http://www.csmonitor.com/2007/0808/p99s01-duts.html so i will drop the topic of the surge if you do because we clearly have contradicting evidence i dont want this to get into repetitive name calling like the 2004 presidential elections

BigGreenCola

karma Rating: 4 / +

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 7-23-08 at 01:45 PM   «:|:»  Link to post Reply With Quote

What is even going on...
Post new threadPoll:

Go To Top