Author: Subject: denOS
jent
Chief Shaman

karma Rating: 15 karma: 15
/ +

Mood: Hanging in there

icon2.gif posted on 6-7-07 at 02:36 PM   «:|:»  Link to post Reply With Quote
denOS

You may notice there is now a little power button at the top of the forums. This new feature is called the denOS, it is a web based environment. This feature will allow you to have settings the same no matter what computer you are on. It also offers a few utilities, like it can help encrypt text in case you want to share text but don't want a third party to read it. It has other features like an FTP client, as well as some more basic ones like a text editor. When you first log into the denOS it will bring up a window with all the currently installed applications and you can select what you want to have easy access to. You can always change these later by clicking the star at the far right of your application bar.

In addition to being useful it adds new features to the den as a community. There is the denBoard which is just a text based board where you can throw public shout outs or what ever you want. It can be a sort of form of really slow chat. You can also share websites in the denNav by putting bookmarks public for other denOS users to see. One other cool feature is you can store files in the denOS so you can access them from any computer. You can not only store private files, but if you wish you can make the files public so other denOS users can download and enjoy what you share. Currently the file size limit is 8MB per file.

All in all I encourage you to click that little red button and give it a shot, see what you think....poke around. If you have any questions, or run into any problems please post them in the Questions and Recommendations board. Thank you, and I hope you enjoy it.
jent
Chief Shaman

/ +

[*] posted on 6-8-07 at 12:04 AM   «:|:»  Link to post Reply With Quote

some pretty major bugs have been discovered......Just keep in mind I will work on these as soon as I can. Of course everything works in testing until you release it to everyone and then blam, pain.

I hope encountering these bugs will not discourage you from the service. I do plan to fix them, it may just take a bit.
jent
Chief Shaman

/ +

[*] posted on 6-26-07 at 04:45 PM   «:|:»  Link to post Reply With Quote

Well I noticed something strange in the database, and trollbyte in all his wisdom saw where the bugs were coming because of it. So feel free to use and enjoy. Bugs may still exist, but if you find them let me know and I will try to solve them. I think that this fixed all the big ones.
jent
Chief Shaman

/ +

[*] posted on 8-24-07 at 08:57 AM   «:|:»  Link to post Reply With Quote

With school going back in session I thought I would remind everyone about the denOS. It is a great way to keep track of school documents that you need to be using on several computers. It gives you a uniform environment that you can use on any computer at school. And since it is tied to your SpicyLemons account then it means that all your settings, files, bookmarks, etc....they all move with you.
jent
Chief Shaman

/ +

[*] posted on 9-6-08 at 04:31 PM   «:|:»  Link to post Reply With Quote

I have fixed a few bugs with the denOS....it should now be easier to post bookmarks and files via the denOS publicly to other users

Feel free to post any questions on the system you have in the questions board

Go To Top