Author: Subject: Server Upgrade Status and Updates
jent
Chief Shaman

karma Rating: 15 karma: 15
/ +

Mood: Hanging in there

[*] posted on 6-3-07 at 12:17 AM   «:|:»  Link to post Reply With Quote
Server Upgrade Status and Updates

Sorry for having the forums offline for so long.....I have been trying to migrate the forums to a new server. It has just been one problem after another. And right when I think I got it all figured out there is a new problem. Needless to say the forums are back online now still on the old host. I will need to take the forums down again when I try to make the switch to ensure there are no database changes. But it wont need to be nearly as long since I have got the database migration down pretty smooth now.

Needless to say sorry if you were trying to access the forums but it really will be for the best once I can get it to work.
jent
Chief Shaman

/ +

[*] posted on 6-6-07 at 02:42 PM   «:|:»  Link to post Reply With Quote

well today trollbyte found the problem that has been plaguing us with the new server.....so assuming I have the energy tonight I will probably take the forums offline to get a snapshot of the database and move it to the new server. So if you see the forums are offline just be aware I am trying the transfer again and they should be up shortly (i predict a 2 hour down time for the full transfer).
jent
Chief Shaman

/ +

[*] posted on 6-7-07 at 03:16 AM   «:|:»  Link to post Reply With Quote

Mkay, the forums have been moved to the new server. All the links on the website _should_ be pointing to den.spicylemons.com now. If you find a link that is not pointing to the new location then please post it the questions/suggestions board, or send me a U2U. If you visit the forums location on the old server you may see a message saying the forums are down, and there new location is http://den.spicylemons.com and that you should update your bookmarks. Eventually I want to set it up so you wont see that message and it will just forward to the new location but it is currently almost 4:30 in the morning and I am too tired to do it. So for now, just update your bookmarks to http://den.spicylemons.com
jent
Chief Shaman

/ +

[*] posted on 6-7-07 at 01:45 PM   «:|:»  Link to post Reply With Quote

the redirect is all setup....everything related to the forums should be on the new server, let me know if you have any problems or experience anything that you think is strange. Sorry for having such a ruff battle to get here, but the forums now should have very very good uptime.

Go To Top